SUGGESTED GUIDELINES FOR ALTERNATIVES TO HOMEWORK FOR K.G. SECTION
The children studying in K.G. classes are completing their daily oral and written tasks in the school campus itself. Home Assignments are given during the weekend, to keep them in touch with the routine. Meanwhile, the parents at home can practice the following to enable the child to learn and practice various values of life. We appeal to the parents that you have to necessarily spend your valuable time with your child to encourage them through your interaction/communication.
Here are few suggested guidelines for alternative tasks to be practiced at home environment by the parents.
1. Spend adequate time for effective oral interaction with your child.
2. Tell value based stories to improve the listening skills.
3. Make them to tell rhymes, stories, about their friends, activities in school etc.,
4. Send school diary regularly.
5. Check up their bags and school diary daily.
6. Gift them book of their choice to develop reading habits (cartoon, picture books, small story books etc.,)
7. Present them drawing/art/craft books to improve their creativity.
8. Engage them in colouring work/music/fine arts/ scribbling/tearing papers during holidays.
9. Teach them good manners and practices good habits at home.
10. Encourage book reading and picture talk.
11. Allow them to talk to elderly people at home and listen to them for more value based stories.
12. Allow them to play in groups and relax themselves, particularly in the evening hours.
13. Parents should spare their time to play with their children often to develop good understanding.
14. Guide the children in arranging and keep their belongings in the appropriate places, to avoid searching.
15. Guide them to watch selected TV channels and programmes to improve their knowledge and ability.
16. Never compare/criticize/condemn your child with other children in your family on any occasion don’t pressurize your child.
17. Educational CD’S,DVD’S may be utilized at home to provide extended learning experience to the child.
18. Take your child along with you to various public places like market ,railway station, postoffice, bank ,temples ,library etc., to improve their observation skills particularly on holidays.
19. Guide them to nature plants at your garden.
All the above stated guide lines may help you to engage your child very beneficially at home. The confidence, ability, knowledge, values and understanding level of the child would certainly increased to greater level provided all the above mentioned activities are practiced regularly by the parents. Home assignments does not mean repetition. Textual work at their own place. It is an experience of learning new concepts. We sincerely appeal to you practice the same at your convenience regularly for the upliftment of the child. Alternatives to homework enables to child learn a lot by their experience with the people in and around in the society.
We solicit your kind co-operation.